Curses interface

From
Andre Majorel
Date:
I'm looking for a curses tools to enter data into a PostgreSQL
database. Insert and delete tuples change the values of columns,
that sort of things.

Detecting REFERENCES columns and presenting me with a list of
values culled from (SELECT * FROM referenced-table) would be a
nice plus.

Thanks in advance.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.

Re: Curses interface

From
Date:
> I'm looking for a curses tools to enter data into a
> PostgreSQL
> database. Insert and delete tuples change the values
> of columns,
> that sort of things.
>
> Detecting REFERENCES columns and presenting me with
> a list of
> values culled from (SELECT * FROM referenced-table)
> would be a
> nice plus.
>
> Thanks in advance.

you may be looking for something different, but i
think pgadmin3 can do all that - and more.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Curses interface

From
Andre Majorel
Date:
On 2006-04-11 12:54 -0700, operationsengineer1@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I'm looking for a curses tools to enter data into a PostgreSQL
> > database. Insert and delete tuples change the values of
> > columns, that sort of things.
> >
> > Detecting REFERENCES columns and presenting me with a list of
> > values culled from (SELECT * FROM referenced-table) would be a
> > nice plus.
>
> you may be looking for something different, but i
> think pgadmin3 can do all that - and more.

Thanks for the hint but I'm specifically looking for a /curses/
(or slang or whatever) interface. Something interactive that is
designed with the keyboard in mind (as opposed to something
designed for the mouse with keyboard shortcuts added as an
afterthought). And preferably that can run in a terminal.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.
See the URL above for contact information.

Re: Curses interface

From
Chris Browne
Date:
operationsengineer1@yahoo.com writes:
>> I'm looking for a curses tools to enter data into a PostgreSQL
>> database. Insert and delete tuples change the values of columns,
>> that sort of things.
>>
>> Detecting REFERENCES columns and presenting me with a list of
>> values culled from (SELECT * FROM referenced-table) would be a nice
>> plus.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> you may be looking for something different, but i
> think pgadmin3 can do all that - and more.

If I do not misrecall, pgadmin3 is an X-based application, running
atop some combination of WxWindows and GTk.

Curses is something else entirely.

The best chance would be if someone has done a binding of libpq to
S-Lang...  http://www.s-lang.org/modules/

I'm not aware that this has happened...

Another possibility would be scripting using the "dialog" tools...
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2460>
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/curses.html