tutorial

From
suresh ramasamy
Date:
hi,

i'm new to postgreSQL as well as new to database concepts.  please tell me how can i learn. i mean the easiest and fast way.  Your help will be appreciated.

Re: tutorial

From
Sean Davis
Date:
On 9/12/05 7:37 AM, "suresh ramasamy" <suresh.sql@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm new to postgreSQL as well as new to database concepts.  please tell me how
> can i learn. i mean the easiest and fast way.  Your help will be appreciated.

The documentation at:

 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/index.html

is an excellent source of searchable postgresql-specific help.  Also, there
are numerous tutorials, reference materials, and online books at:

 http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

You can also pick up one of dozens of SQL books or (my favorite) do a google
search for "SQL tutorial" and follow one or two.

Hope that gets you started.

Sean

Re: tutorial

From
"Gill, Alex"
Date:
suresh ramasamy wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm new to postgreSQL as well as new to database concepts. please tell me
> how can i learn. i mean the easiest and fast way. Your help will be
> appreciated.

Try this: http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=11826
The link was posted today.

Alex