doubt

From
Mogin Mohandas
Date:
Hi
       I am new to Postgres. I was trying to create a new data type.
There is an eg for creating a type complex under src/tutorial. I went
under the tutorial dir and tried doing a gcc -fpic -c complex.c but it
shows me that the header files postgres.h, fmgr.h are missing. That
means the  header files are not being found. By the way, the header
files are in the path...usr/local/pgsql/include/server. How do I get
gcc to find the header files. Anybody having any idea please help.
Thanks
Moginraj

Re: doubt

From
"Sivakumar K"
Date:
Hi Mogin,
    You can use -I flag to make gcc to find the required header
files
As gcc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -fpic -c complex.c

Please go through this link.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/libpq-build.html

Regards,
Siva Kumar.K

       I am new to Postgres. I was trying to create a new data type.
There is an eg for creating a type complex under src/tutorial. I went
under the tutorial dir and tried doing a gcc -fpic -c complex.c but it
shows me that the header files postgres.h, fmgr.h are missing. That
means the  header files are not being found. By the way, the header
files are in the path...usr/local/pgsql/include/server. How do I get
gcc to find the header files. Anybody having any idea please help.
Thanks
Moginraj

       match

Re: doubt

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 13:46 -0500, Mogin Mohandas wrote:
> Hi
>        I am new to Postgres. I was trying to create a new data type.
> There is an eg for creating a type complex under src/tutorial. I went
> under the tutorial dir and tried doing a gcc -fpic -c complex.c but it
> shows me that the header files postgres.h, fmgr.h are missing. That
> means the  header files are not being found. By the way, the header
> files are in the path...usr/local/pgsql/include/server. How do I get
> gcc to find the header files. Anybody having any idea please help.

Add -I/usr/local/pgsql/include/server to the gcc options.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html