posgres file

From
Ramon Orticio
Date:
dear colleagues,

how do you transfer postgres file to another computer
having postgresql application.

thanks

ramon

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [despammed] posgres file

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
am  29.06.2005, um  1:17:45 -0700 mailte Ramon Orticio folgendes:
> dear colleagues,
>
> how do you transfer postgres file to another computer
> having postgresql application.

What do you mean with 'postgres file'? I use ssh/scp to store
Backup-Dumps from PostgresSQL to other machines.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: posgres file

From
Christoph Della Valle
Date:
hi

i would dump the database

pg_dumpall > targetfile.dmp

copy the file to the other server.
enter postgres and import the database with
/i /full/path/targetfile.dmp

christoph