initial password

From
"Stephen Choularton"

Hi

I have installed postgresql but it seems to be password protected.  When I try and make any entries at the prompt (I am using winXP and have the prompt in the \bin directory) it asks for a password.  I don’t know what to give it.

Any help most welcome.

Srtephen

Re: initial password

Date:
Stephen Choularton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed postgresql but it seems to be password protected.  When
> I try and make any entries at the prompt (I am using winXP and have the
> prompt in the \bin directory) it asks for a password.  I don't know what
> to give it.

It is asking for the password of the database users.  Did you set one
during install perhaps?