how to know which object depend of it?

From
Akbar
Date:
I try to drop some constraint.... it said ERROR: cannot drop constraint
blablabla on table blablabla because other object depend on it...
HINT: blablabla

How do I know which object depend on this constraint? Somebody told me
to use pg_depend... SELECT * FROM pg_depend give me headache.....

Thank you....

regards,

akbar

Re: how to know which object depend of it?

From
graeme
Date:
If you're using pgAdmin check out the "depends on" and (probably more
importantly in your case) the "referenced by" tabs.

graeme.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.

Minna Antrim

Re: how to know which object depend of it?

Date:
Akbar <melinda_sayang@hotpop.com> writes:
> I try to drop some constraint.... it said ERROR: cannot drop constraint
> blablabla on table blablabla because other object depend on it...
> HINT: blablabla

> How do I know which object depend on this constraint?

Read the NOTICEs that came out just before the ERROR.  (If you are using
client software that drops NOTICE messages on the floor, use something
else.)

            regards, tom lane