SOUNDEX

From
Roberto Rezende de Assis
Date:
Hello all, I wish to know if there is some function soundex on PostgreSQL ?
I'm need to make search based on this, and by now what I've made was
creating an atribute with the soundex of the name and this soundex was
generated by the php.

Re: SOUNDEX

Date:
Roberto Rezende de Assis <rezende_assis@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> Hello all, I wish to know if there is some function soundex on PostgreSQL ?

Look in the contrib/fuzzystrmatch module.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SOUNDEX

Date:
Roberto Rezende de Assis wrote:
> Hello all, I wish to know if there is some function soundex on PostgreSQL ?
> I'm need to make search based on this, and by now what I've made was
> creating an atribute with the soundex of the name and this soundex was
> generated by the php.

Sure, look in the source tree under contrib/fuzzystrmatch/.