unique ID

From
sql@aniota.com
Date:
I am starting to build an internet directory. What type of system
generated unique ID would you suggest?

Re: unique ID

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 06:56:49 -0700,
  sql@aniota.com wrote:
> I am starting to build an internet directory. What type of system
> generated unique ID would you suggest?

I am not sure that it makes sense to generate an ID for this purpose,
rather than using a URL, email address or whatever else makes sense
for your directory as the primary key.
However, if you do want one, you want to use bigserial (the in4 serial
might not be big enough for your purpose).

Re: unique ID

From
"John Brookes"