dropping users that start with ';'

From
"Gatts"
Date:
By mistake I created a pgsql user whose username begins with a ;
I am now having trouble dropping the user:

dropuser ;trialuser
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "trialuser" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "trialuser" at character 1

can someone help?
--
  Gatts
  gatts27@mailforce.net

Re: dropping users that start with ';'

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Gatta,

> By mistake I created a pgsql user whose username begins with a ;

I won't ask.

> I am now having trouble dropping the user:
>
> dropuser ;trialuser

Do it in the PSQL terminal, and quote the user name:

DROP USER ";trialuser";

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: dropping users that start with ';'

From
Bruno LEVEQUE
Date:
Try
dropuser (return)
;trialuser (when dropuser asks : "Enter name of user to drop:")

Maybe you need to connect with an "authorized user". In this case use
dropuser -U user (return)

Bruno

--
Bruno LEVEQUE