Re: Postgres logs

From
"Delao, Darryl W"
Date:
All,

I am having a really hard time getting logging to work in postgres.
What do i need to uncomment and/or change in the .conf file for this to
work.  Under var/log i see a file called pgsql but it has nothing in it.
I have played with different ways to try to turn logging on and nothing
works.  I want all connection type messages, errors, etc to go to this
file under /var/log

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Darryl

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres logs

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
The logging is usually done through syslog. You may need to configure syslog
to get the output to appear where you want it.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:19:46PM -0600, Delao, Darryl W wrote:
> All,
>
> I am having a really hard time getting logging to work in postgres.
> What do i need to uncomment and/or change in the .conf file for this to
> work.  Under var/log i see a file called pgsql but it has nothing in it.
> I have played with different ways to try to turn logging on and nothing
> works.  I want all connection type messages, errors, etc to go to this
> file under /var/log
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
> Thanks!
> Darryl

> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Attachment