Problems when deleting data.

From
Fred Soustra
Date:
Hi, I am working on a databse project using postgres 7.3 ( Debian )
I regularly need to delete data and then reload data. (using copy and comma
separated value files)
The problem I have is that when i reload a new batch of random data it doesnt
work, instead it reloads the old data.
I've tried almost everyhting, deleting all rows then resinserting, droping the
databse and then restarting.
It doesnt work, I systematically get the old data.

Any help on this one is greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Fred

Re: Problems when deleting data.

From
brew@theMode.com
Date:
Fred.....

> The problem I have is that when i reload a new batch of random data it
> doesnt work, instead it reloads the old data. I've tried almost
> everyhting, deleting all rows then resinserting, droping the databse and
> then restarting.

Sounds like maybe you've given the file with the new data a different name
than the old, but keep using the old accidently.  I know this sounds
obvious, but believe me, I've spent hours puzzling over simple mistakes
like that, as much as I don't want to admit it.

After you delete the rows is the database then empty?

Did you look at the new data file before dumping it in?

My guess is it's a cockpit error...... maybe somebody else has another

brew