export from postgres into dbf

From
"cristi"
Date:
I want to export a table from postgres into fox (foxpro 2.6) format using
jdbc.
Has somebody an example of java code who can do that?

Thanks!

Re: export from postgres into dbf

From
Amit_Wadhwa@Dell.com
Date:
if you have jdbc drivers for both of them,
then just select from the postgres using a jdbc driver for postgre,
and manipulate the code within java to change datatype if necessary
and then simply insert the code into a foxpro table using a foxpro jdbc-odbc
bridge or a regular jdbc foxpro driver (if available)or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: cristi [mailto:cristi@dmhi.ct.ro]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 4:59 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] export from postgres into dbf

I want to export a table from postgres into fox (foxpro 2.6) format using
jdbc.
Has somebody an example of java code who can do that?

Thanks!

Re: export from postgres into dbf

From
"cristi"

> > if you have jdbc drivers for both of them,
> > then just select from the postgres using a jdbc driver for postgre,
> > and manipulate the code within java to change datatype if necessary
> > and then simply insert the code into a foxpro table using a foxpro
> jdbc-odbc
> > bridge or a regular jdbc foxpro driver (if available)or something.

 I don't want to use ODBC.
 I want to use only JDBC.
 I know the structure of the table in postgres and fox.
 for the moment solution:
 1)select from postgres table (using jdbc)
 2)the interogation results in text format (using comma delimiters) are
 importing in a fox table using foxpro program
 use table_name
 APPEND FROM salb.txt DELIMITED WITH CHARACTER |

 But I don't want to use ODBC or foxpro program.
Is there any java class who can do that?