BusinessWeek - Postgres mentioned

From
Frank Lee
Date:
FYI - In an interview with Red Hat CEO Matthew Szulik, Postgres is nicely mentioned.

"Q: How far out do you think the open-source model extends? It works for servers and operating systems. But how about
forniche products, such as Photoshop?
A: As the CEO of an open-source company, I think it's no longer a question of if but when. It will take a proven
methodologyand proven distribution and service channels to refine the approach. It's a very difficult and expensive
processto build. But I'm starting to see open-source solutions being developed around PostGres (an open-source
database).If you look at OpenOffice, which ships with Red Hat 7.3, that's a competitive productivity suite. "

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2002/tc20020515_1779.htm

Frank

Re: BusinessWeek - Postgres mentioned

Date:
Frank Lee <franklee@netzero.com> writes:
> FYI - In an interview with Red Hat CEO Matthew Szulik, Postgres is nicely mentioned.

Just FYI - Red Hat pays me to work full-time on Postgres development.

I know that Matthew believes in this project, but yes it's nice to see
him mention it in a national publication ...

            regards, tom lane