Question on locale settings

From
Charlie Clark
Date:
Dear list,

I've not been able to find very much in the archives on this.

Is is possible to set the locale for a single database? And if so is it
possible to do this once the database has been created?

I'm working on an application with German content so I need to support
locale de_DE but apart from references to doing this in the shell I haven't
found what I'm looking for.

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on cygwin and 7.0.3 on SuSE Linux.

Charlie

Re: Question on locale settings

Date:
Charlie Clark <charlie@begeistert.org> writes:
> Is is possible to set the locale for a single database? And if so is it
> possible to do this once the database has been created?

No, the locale is frozen at initdb time (or at least LC_COLLATE and
LC_CTYPE are).  Sorry...

            regards, tom lane