Fw: Trigger Function

From
"Andy Pearce"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 2:22 AM
Subject: Trigger Function

Hi,

I'm attemptimg my first trigger funtion and so far it keeps crashing the backend.

This is the function:

CREATE FUNCTION acc_transaction_trig() RETURNS opaque AS '

begin

update customer_accounts set customer_acounts.forecast_balance = (customer_accounts.forecast_balance - NEW.transaction_value)

where customer_accounts.account_num = NEW.account_num;

return NEW;

end;

' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Does this look wrong in anyway?

Any assistance would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Re: Fw: Trigger Function

From
Ludwig Lim
Andy:

--- Andy Pearce <andyj@basesys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attemptimg my first trigger funtion and so far
> it keeps crashing the backend.

  What do mean by "crashing the backend". Do you a
copy of the error messages or logs that might give a
clue on how the backend crash?

regards,
ludwig.