Compile Postgres for a Sharp Zaurus?

From
"Phillip J. Allen"
Date:
Hi all,

I am wanting to try to compile Postgesql on my new Sharp Zaurus linux
PDA.  I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet?  I know mysql has been
ported but I would like to not have to learn another rdbms.

Anybody got any suggestion?

thanks,

Phillip J. Allen
Consulting Geochemist/Geologist
Lima Peru
e-mail: paallen@attglobal.net

Re: Compile Postgres for a Sharp Zaurus?

From
"Steinn E. Sigurdarson"
Date:
Phillip,

What kind of cpu architecture is the Zaurus running?

I'd give it a shot, and post the results here :-)

good luck.

best regards,
Steinn E. Sigurðarson

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 12:28, Phillip J. Allen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wanting to try to compile Postgesql on my new Sharp Zaurus linux
> PDA.  I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet?  I know mysql has been
> ported but I would like to not have to learn another rdbms.
>
> Anybody got any suggestion?
>
> thanks,
>
> Phillip J. Allen
> Consulting Geochemist/Geologist
> Lima Peru
> e-mail: paallen@attglobal.net

Re: Compile Postgres for a Sharp Zaurus?

From
"Steinn E. Sigurdarson"
Date:
arm? I haven't heard of that platform :-)

But 206mhz is more than enough to run postgresql on any cpu platform I've
seen.

Try compiling, and let us know how it goes :-)

best regards,
Steinn E. Sigurðarson

Date:
> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 12:35, you wrote:
>> It has an arm 206MHz processor.<br>

We do support the ARM processor under Linux and NetBSD, see
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

If the OS is Unix-ish then you've got a reasonable shot.  Try it and
see.  If the OS calls itself something strange then you may need to
add a template file in src/template/.

            regards, tom lane