Carraige Return issue

From
"caroline kenny"

Users!
I hope that someone outthere can help me. I am trying to insert the text
from a file into a database. The file contains 2 carraige returns in it.
When i go to retrieve this this information from the specific field in the
database, the carraige return seems to have disappeared and the lines just
read one after the other...does anyone know how i can overcome this problem
Thanks
Caroline

Re: Carraige Return issue

From
Andrew McMillan
Date:
On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 03:26, caroline kenny wrote:

> I hope that someone outthere can help me. I am trying to insert the text
> from a file into a database. The file contains 2 carraige returns in it.
> When i go to retrieve this this information from the specific field in the
> database, the carraige return seems to have disappeared and the lines just
> read one after the other...does anyone know how i can overcome this problem

This is most strange!  I have text inserted all through my databases
with line breaks, form feeds, carriage returns and other control
characters inserted just fine.  I didn't do anything special to achieve
this either...

I think an example of what you are doing, showing the results that you
get from it, is most likely to elicit a solution.

Regards,
                Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?

Re: Carraige Return issue

From
"caroline kenny"
Date:
Andrew,

I am working on Linux for a start. So what i am basically doing is as
follows:
I have an X509 certificate saved in a file which has the following format:

----- Begin Certificate -----
fsfewrtewrwedffe
dsfewreqrwerfeqr
frwerwrewrewrwrr
dsfdfsdfwrwererr
werwerwerewrwrrr
----- End Certificate -----

I then put this file into a variable by going a 'cat' on the file.
I then use the INSERT command to insert this variable into the database.
When i go to view this field....it displays as below:

----- Begin Certificate -----
sdfsfdsfdsfdfdfdsfsdfdfds
sdfsdffffffsdfsdfqweqkwej
eqwelwkewqlekqwlekwqlrwjl
erewrwerwerewrlkjwkejrwoi -----
End Certificate

I want the display to be the same as the first example.

Hope I have explined my situation clearly...and thanks for any help or
advice you may have.
Caroline.