Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp

From
"Colin Mangiagalli"

Hi there

I am using postgresql 7.2.1 with cygwin under W2K. I have noticed that when I start postmaster, current_timestamp
returns the correct time, but as time goes by, the value returned by current_timestamp gets further and further
from the current system time.

Can someone please tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks
Colin

Re: Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 14:22, Colin Mangiagalli wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am using postgresql 7.2.1 with cygwin under W2K. I have noticed that
> when I start postmaster, current_timestamp
> returns the correct time, but as time goes by, the value returned by
> current_timestamp gets further and further
> from the current system time.
>
> Can someone please tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it.

Within one transaction, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP always returns the same time;
this is by design.  I have never used PostgreSQL under Windows, but I do
not think that there is anything Windows-specific about the behaviour
you are seeing; you must have a transaction open.

     "But without faith it is impossible to please him; for
      he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and
      that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek
      him."       Hebrews 11:6

Attachment