Once again about 'OID'

From
Denny Permana
Date:
Hi,
I'm a newbie here and the postgresql. I've installed pgsql through cygwin (on Ms Windows 98), and I use pgadmin II as an interface.
I have a big problem with OID. If I connect with "psql" to database, there were not problems with my job (query, etc). But if I ran pgadmin II and try to open tables or run query, there's something error. The error messages :

pgAdmin II Error

An error has occured in pgAdmin II:frmMain.lv_ItemClick:

Number: -2147467259
ERROR: Attribute 'oid' not found

I'm curious with oid. How should I do if I want to avoid 'oid' in my tables by using pgadmin II (with psql, I just write "without oid"). Could anybody here give me suggestion how to fix up this problem ?

Regards.

Re: Once again about 'OID'

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Denny,

> pgAdmin II Error
>
> An error has occured in pgAdmin II:frmMain.lv_ItemClick:
>
> Number: -2147467259
> ERROR: Attribute 'oid' not found
>
> I'm curious with oid. How should I do if I want to avoid 'oid' in my
> tables
> by using pgadmin II (with psql, I just write "without oid"). Could
> anybody
> here give me suggestion how to fix up this problem ?

Update to the latest version of PgadminII.  I believe this problem is
fixed. If you have the latest version, try checking your admins
settings for an "allow OID-less tables" checkbox.

-Josh Berkus

Re: Once again about 'OID'

From
"Josh Berkus"