CURRENT_USER

From
thiemo
Date:
Hi,

I try to set up a view that selects rows from a table according the
connected user. However, I issue

CREATE VIEW v_dummy AS

  SELECT

    dummy

    , usr

  FROM t_dummy

  WHERE usr = CURRENT_USER

;

but the following error is returned.

ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'character
varying' and 'name'. You will have to retype this query using an
explicit cast.

So I to_char(CURRENT_USER, *somewhat*) but to no avail.

I'd appreciate any hint. BTW, I use DBVisualizer 2.1 to build my dbs.

Thx

Thiemo

--

Thiemo Kellner

Tösstalstrasse 146

CH-8400 Winterthur

</fontfamily>Hi,

[...]

Re: CURRENT_USER

Date:
thiemo <thiemo@gmx.ch> writes:
>    WHERE usr =3D CURRENT_USER
> but the following error is returned.
> ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=3D' for types 'character varying'=
> =20
> and 'name'. You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast.

Hmm... probably there should be an implicit conversion from NAME to TEXT
.. but in the meantime try

   WHERE usr = CURRENT_USER::varchar

            regards, tom lane