Can't use PGAccess with KDE 2.2

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Folks,

Whenever I try to use PGAccess to browse a database's objects from a
 KDE 2.2 system, I get the following error:

CLIENT UNICODE ENCODING NOT SUPPORTED

Do I need to re-compile Postgres with either the --enable-multibyte or
 --enable-recode switch, or do something else?

-Josh

Re: Can't use PGAccess with KDE 2.2

Date:
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Whenever I try to use PGAccess to browse a database's objects from a
>  KDE 2.2 system, I get the following error:
> CLIENT UNICODE ENCODING NOT SUPPORTED
> Do I need to re-compile Postgres with either the --enable-multibyte or
>  --enable-recode switch, or do something else?

I'd guess that you need --enable-multibyte.

Arguably PGAccess should be able to cope with a non-multibyte server,
but in the meantime...

            regards, tom lane