Triggers

From
Rob
Date:
I have a trigger on a table called stock_count (which has a column
barcode) which needs to update a value in a table called theoretical_stock_count on either an insert,
update or delete.  However, I need to pass the barcode of the
inserted/updated/deleted row to the function I am calling.  Is there any
way to do this?

Rob

--
He who dies with the most toys ...

                    ... still dies

Re: Triggers

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Rob,

> I have a trigger on a table called stock_count (which has a column
> barcode) which needs to update a value in a table called
>  theoretical_stock_count on either an insert,
> update or delete.  However, I need to pass the barcode of the
> inserted/updated/deleted row to the function I am calling.  Is there
>  any
> way to do this?

Within the Update or Delete trigger, the bar code of the original row
 is available as OLD.barcode.  For Update and Insert triggers, the new
 record's barcode is available as NEW.barcode.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

postmaster start options on RedHat 7.2

From
"Brian Johnson"
Date:
I would like to add a couple of startup options to postgresql on my system,
but am having difficulty modifying the RedHat startup scripts (in
/etc/rc.d/init.d)

I would like to add -i to allow network connections and -l for ssl traffic

I think the line to modify is:
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmaster start  > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null

I tried
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
`/usr/bin/postmaster -i` start  > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null
and
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
'/usr/bin/postmaster -i' start  > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null
and
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmaster -o "i" start  > /dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null

with no luck

Suggestions?

Re: postmaster start options on RedHat 7.1

From
hodges@xprt.net
Date:
I am trying to get postgresql started by remote login.
Ran this script

#!/bin/sh
exec /bin/su - postgres -c "/usr/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data -i -B 4096 >>
/usr/local/pgsql/server.log 2>&1" /dev/null

And get this result:
/usr/bin/postmaster does not find the database system.
Expected to find it in the PGDATA directory
"/usr/local/pgsql/data
", but unable to open file with pathname
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1/pg_class".

pg_class doesn't seem to be on the box although when I
was
physically present at the computer I think I was able
run psql and create a database.

So I guess are there some programs that I can run
remotely (as root or whatever) to get the postgres
files set up?

Thanks, Tom