using the same name for a related table, function, trigger

From
"Jules Alberts"
Date:
hello everyone,

in a database i have a table with one related function, and a trigger
that calls this function each time a row in the table is updated. at
first i wanted to use names like foo (the table), foo_fuction and
foo_trigger, but it seems much easier to create a table, function and
trigger all called "foo".

postgresql (7.1.3) lets me do this, but is it safe? will this give me
trouble in future releases, or perhaps even in the current one?

TIA

--
Jules Alberts.

pgaccess

From
lee johnson
Date:
hi..

  I'm just 'trying' to convert from msacess to postgres/pgaccess and
having some minor difficulty ( my knowledge of making/using DB's is slim
) trying to import some things...just wondering though trying to import
a Orders.rtf file ( okay maybe it won't work and I need to export
something else ) and it complains about a relation something or other
not there.....i'm assuming for this to work I must first ( I have a
database loaded but nothing there ) take steps to make it more complete
with tables etc.??..I thought importing the table into an
existing..albeit just started DB would suffice

thx
lee
-=====