no attribute tuple 1259 -2

From
Noah Roberts
Date:
Postgres is rpm from SuSE 7.1
I just tried deleting the data dir and recreating it...no go

jik-=# \d pg_shadow
ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

I get something similar whenever I querry any database or table.
Can anything be done or do I need to reinstall?

Re: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

Date:
Noah Roberts <jik@foxinternet.net> writes:
> Postgres is rpm from SuSE 7.1

Um ... that being which PG version, on what hardware?

> ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

This looks a lot like a portability problem that arose in pre-7.1
PG releases on certain platforms.  If you can make it happen in
PG 7.1.* I'd be interested to know more.

            regards, tom lane

Re: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

From
jik@foxinternet.net
Tom Lane wrote:

> Noah Roberts <jik@foxinternet.net> writes:
> > Postgres is rpm from SuSE 7.1
>
> Um ... that being which PG version, on what hardware?
>
> > ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
>
> This looks a lot like a portability problem that arose in pre-7.1
> PG releases on certain platforms.  If you can make it happen in
> PG 7.1.* I'd be interested to know more.

Ok, I will upgrade the setup on Monday or thereafter.  I did manage to
get it working a little bit, still cannot querry the existance of, or
design of, the tables in the DB, but I can naw use the DB itself.

This was a PowerPC so I am sure it is what you are talking about.

Re: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

Date:
jik@foxinternet.net writes:
> This was a PowerPC so I am sure it is what you are talking about.

Yeah, PowerPC was one of the platforms that showed the problem.
You need 7.1.

            regards, tom lane