JDBC driver/connection

From
Stoffel van Aswegen

I am starting to use Java to build a client for the database and I read that I have to use a JDBC driver.

What is the name of the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL? Is it shipped with the rest of the software?

TIA for you patience with this simple question.

Stoffel van Aswegen
stoffelva@bigfoot.com
Never run out of airspeed, height and ideas at the same time.

Re: JDBC driver/connection

From
Tom Strickland
Date:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 01:36:45PM +0200, Stoffel van Aswegen wrote:
> I am starting to use Java to build a client for the database and I read that
> I have to use a JDBC driver.
> What is the name of the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL? Is it shipped with the
> rest of the software?

Rather than give you an answer that will simply raise more
questions... take a look in the Programmer's Guide (in postgres docs)
in the Client Interfaces section. There's a whole section on it in
there. If you're just getting into JDBC, I've been told that the
Addison-Wesley book is very good.

Tom