From
gomathi raju
Date:
Hi friends,

I want to get the system timestamp from postgresql database.
But I dont have a dual table from where ,I can select it.
Give me a solution, from which table(system) I can get it.

Regards,
gomathi

Re: [HACKERS]

From
Patrick Welche
Date:
On Mon, Jun 30, 2036 at 10:05:43PM -0600, gomathi raju wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I want to get the system timestamp from postgresql database.
> But I dont have a dual table from where ,I can select it.
> Give me a solution, from which table(system) I can get it.

Could this be what you want?

template1=# select CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
       timestamp
------------------------
 2000-05-24 23:40:19+01

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: [HACKERS]

From
Chris Bitmead
Date:
gomathi raju wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I want to get the system timestamp from postgresql database.
> But I dont have a dual table from where ,I can select it.
> Give me a solution, from which table(system) I can get it.

Are you talking about
SELECT 'now'
?

Re: [SQL]

From
"Michael A. Mayo"
Date:
> I want to get the system timestamp from postgresql database.
> But I dont have a dual table from where ,I can select it.
> Give me a solution, from which table(system) I can get it.

No need to get it from a system table; it is available as a sort of "global
constant," current_timestamp.

Use it like this:

SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;

See the book at: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html for more