PgJDBC - mvn release

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
Hi,

It might be a good idea to release a version after maven conversion.
It would give more time to test new jars and release procedure.

Please waive a hand if you think 1207 is not ready yet.

PS snapshots are deployed to Maven Central:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/postgresql/postgresql/
Release would include .tar.gz, and gpg signatures in addition to
current jar, sources, and javadoc artifacts.

Vladimir

Re: PgJDBC - mvn release

From
"Markus KARG"
Date:
+1
Go ahead!
-Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Vladimir Sitnikov
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2015 16:28
To: List
Subject: [JDBC] PgJDBC - mvn release

Hi,

It might be a good idea to release a version after maven conversion.
It would give more time to test new jars and release procedure.

Please waive a hand if you think 1207 is not ready yet.

PS snapshots are deployed to Maven Central:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/postgresql/postgresql/
Release would include .tar.gz, and gpg signatures in addition to current jar, sources, and javadoc artifacts.

Vladimir

Re: PgJDBC - mvn release

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
Here's the list of artifacts:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgpostgresql-1091/org/postgresql/postgresql/9.4.1207/
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgpostgresql-1092/org/postgresql/postgresql/9.4.1207.jre7/
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgpostgresql-1093/org/postgresql/postgresql/9.4.1207.jre6/

Here's the release tag: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/tree/REL9.4.1207

Glitches I've found so far:
1) I do not have SSL configured, thus all the SSL tests are skipped.
2) I don't have jdk6's src.zip, thus javadocs in jre6 build miss
documentation for java.sql. stuff. For jdk7 and jdk8 relevant src.zip
files are used for javadoc tool, thus documentation is inherited.

I think the issues above do not block the release, so +1 from me for release it.

Changelog is to be composed.

Vladimir

Re: PgJDBC - mvn release

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
I've released this on the web site. Change log has been updated

Much appreciation to both Stephen and Vladimir for this!

1) I do not have SSL configured, thus all the SSL tests are skipped.
2) I don't have jdk6's src.zip, thus javadocs in jre6 build miss
documentation for java.sql. stuff. For jdk7 and jdk8 relevant src.zip
files are used for javadoc tool, thus documentation is inherited.

I think the issues above do not block the release, so +1 from me for release it.

Changelog is to be composed.

Vladimir

Re: PgJDBC - mvn release

From
Vladimir Sitnikov
Date:
URLs for
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.4-1207.jar
and
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.4-1207-sources.jar
are incorrect.

I've aligned version numbers with Maven conventions, so the version is
9.4.1207, not 9.4-1207 (dot instead of dash)
Can you please update link text as well?

I've released the jars to Central:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/postgresql/postgresql/9.4.1207/

Vladimir

Re: PgJDBC - mvn release

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Thx, I thought it was fixed. It is now. Please confirm