If you create a PreparedStatement such as select c1 from t1 and subsequently request the ResultSetMetadata for that statement you will observe that the driver is not providing any values for getTableName, getSchemaName etc.

Is this a known bug?

Driver PostgreSQL 9.1 JDBC4 (build 902)
Server 9.0.4
On 09/24/2012 11:30 PM, the6campbells wrote:
> If you create a PreparedStatement such as select c1 from t1 and
> subsequently request the ResultSetMetadata for that statement you will
> observe that the driver is not providing any values for getTableName,
> getSchemaName etc.
>
> Is this a known bug?

Any chance of fleshing this one out with a test case / sources? Again I
can write one, but the best thing to do is submit some new (failing)
unit tests for PgJDBC that demonstrate the problem, or at least a
runnable standalone test case. Everyone working on the JDBC driver is a
badly swamped volunteer (including myself, not that I've done much on
the driver yet) so any time saved on testcase writing etc is time that
can be spent on compliance/bugs.

--
Craig Ringer

JDBC change log needs updating for Version 9.2-1000

From
Gavin Flower
Date:
Any chance of the change log at:
     http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html
being updated?

Thanks,
Gavin

Re: JDBC change log needs updating for Version 9.2-1000

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 10/03/2012 10:27 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
> Any chance of the change log at:
>      http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html
> being updated?

Maybe we're better off using an annotated `git shortlog` for this now?

--
Craig Ringer

Date:
On 03/10/12 19:19, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 10:27 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
>> Any chance of the change log at:
>>      http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html
>> being updated?
>
> Maybe we're better off using an annotated `git shortlog` for this now?
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

That would be fine for developers of the driver itself, but probably not
as good from the perspective of someone (like myself) using the driver
from a Java application.

Cheers,

Date:
On 3/10/2012 5:03 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 03/10/12 19:19, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> On 10/03/2012 10:27 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
>>> Any chance of the change log at:
>>>      http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html
>>> being updated?
>>
>> Maybe we're better off using an annotated `git shortlog` for this now?
>>
>> --
>> Craig Ringer
>>

> That would be fine for developers of the driver itself, but probably not
> as good from the perspective of someone (like myself) using the driver
> from a Java application.

Sure, but who's going to write and maintain the nice version?

--
Craig Ringer

Re: JDBC change log needs updating for Version 9.2-1000

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Clearly it needs updating. It is generated when the website is
generated. Something I haven't had time to do lately.

It is on my todo list. As is getting a jdbc3 jar out for 9.2

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca