ERROR : column c.reltriggers does not exist

From
"M.R. Muthukumar"
Date:
I am using dbvisualizer with postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar, postgres server version is 8.4.1
When I try to get the table definition I am getting the following error :

ERROR: column c.reltriggers does not exist
Position: 414

Details are :

The command that caused the problem:
SELECT c.relname                                     AS "Name",
       n.nspname                                     AS "Schema",
       pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner)                   AS "Owner",
       t.spcname                                     AS "Tablespace",
       c.relhasindex                                 AS "Has Indexes",
       c.relhasrules                                 AS "Has Rules",
       (c.reltriggers > 0)                           AS "Has Triggers",
       c.relisshared                                 AS "Is Shared",
       c.relnatts                                    AS "N Cols",
       pg_catalog.obj_description(c.oid, 'pg_class') AS "Comment"
FROM pg_class c
   LEFT JOIN pg_namespace n   ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
   LEFT JOIN pg_tablespace t  ON t.oid = c.reltablespace
WHERE c.relkind = 'r'::"char"
AND   n.nspname LIKE 'public'
AND   c.relname LIKE '%'
ORDER BY n.nspname, c.relname

I am thinking reltriggers column is no longer in pg_class in 8.4.1 version. Is there a updated
JDBC driver for 8.4.x.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

-Muthu

Re: ERROR : column c.reltriggers does not exist

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
This is likely dbvisualizer executing the statement below. I don't believe the driver executes that internally.

Dave

[...]

dmp
Date:
I'm showing in PostgreSQL 8.3.3 has the field reltriggers, but in 8.4.0 the
field no longer exists and looks like may have been replaced with
relhastriggers,
which is boolean? Try:

SELECT c.relname AS "Name",
n.nspname AS "Schema",
pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner) AS "Owner",
t.spcname AS "Tablespace",
c.relhasindex AS "Has Indexes",
c.relhasrules AS "Has Rules",
(c.relhastriggers = 'f') AS "Has Triggers",
c.relisshared AS "Is Shared",
c.relnatts AS "N Cols",
pg_catalog.obj_description(c.oid, 'pg_class') AS "Comment"
FROM pg_class c
LEFT JOIN pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
LEFT JOIN pg_tablespace t ON t.oid = c.reltablespace
WHERE c.relkind = 'r'::"char"
AND n.nspname LIKE 'public'
AND c.relname LIKE '%'
ORDER BY n.nspname, c.relname

danap
http://dandymadeproductions.com

>I am using dbvisualizer with postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar, postgres server version is 8.4.1
>When I try to get the table definition I am getting the following error :
>
>ERROR: column c.reltriggers does not exist
>Position: 414
>
>Details are :
>
>The command that caused the problem:
>SELECT c.relname                                     AS "Name",
>       n.nspname                                     AS "Schema",
>       pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner)                   AS "Owner",
>       t.spcname                                     AS "Tablespace",
>       c.relhasindex                                 AS "Has Indexes",
>       c.relhasrules                                 AS "Has Rules",
>       (c.reltriggers > 0)                           AS "Has Triggers",
>       c.relisshared                                 AS "Is Shared",
>       c.relnatts                                    AS "N Cols",
>       pg_catalog.obj_description(c.oid, 'pg_class') AS "Comment"
>FROM pg_class c
>   LEFT JOIN pg_namespace n   ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
>   LEFT JOIN pg_tablespace t  ON t.oid = c.reltablespace
>WHERE c.relkind = 'r'::"char"
>AND   n.nspname LIKE 'public'
>AND   c.relname LIKE '%'
>ORDER BY n.nspname, c.relname
>
>I am thinking reltriggers column is no longer in pg_class in 8.4.1 version. Is there a updated
>JDBC driver for 8.4.x.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks a bunch.
>
>-Muthu

Re: ERROR : column c.reltriggers does not exist

From
dmp
Date:
Sorry, looks like you wanted > 0 so should have been:

(c.relhastriggers = 't') AS "Has Triggers",

danap
http://dandymadeproductions.com

> I'm showing in PostgreSQL 8.3.3 has the field reltriggers, but in
> 8.4.0 the
> field no longer exists and looks like may have been replaced with
> relhastriggers,
> which is boolean? Try:
>
> SELECT c.relname AS "Name",
> n.nspname AS "Schema",
> pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner) AS "Owner",
> t.spcname AS "Tablespace",
> c.relhasindex AS "Has Indexes",
> c.relhasrules AS "Has Rules",
> (c.relhastriggers = 'f') AS "Has Triggers",
> c.relisshared AS "Is Shared",
> c.relnatts AS "N Cols",
> pg_catalog.obj_description(c.oid, 'pg_class') AS "Comment"
> FROM pg_class c
> LEFT JOIN pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
> LEFT JOIN pg_tablespace t ON t.oid = c.reltablespace
> WHERE c.relkind = 'r'::"char"
> AND n.nspname LIKE 'public'
> AND c.relname LIKE '%'
> ORDER BY n.nspname, c.relname
>
> danap
> http://dandymadeproductions.com

Re: ERROR : column c.reltriggers does not exist

From
crramirez
Date:
Just replace your DbVisualizer-6.0.x/resources/profiles/postgresql8.xml with
this

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4485115/postgresql8.xml
postgresql8.xml

It takes care of the version change

Regards,
Carlos

Re: ERROR : column c.reltriggers does not exist

From
"sushant.bose.1984@gmail.com"
Date:
I had the same problem with Postgres 9.2.

This fix worked for me.

Thank you  "crramirez". Appreciate your help. :)