GSS authentication support

From
"JUNG, Christian"
Date:
Hello,

I've implemented GSS authentication support for the PostgreSQL JDBC driver version 8.3-604.

The patch is in the attachment of this mail. It works well with a PostgreSQL 8.3.6 running on Linux. Linux and Windows
clientscan connect without supplying an username and/or password using Kerberos for authentication.

I've tested it with Linux, Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients with a cross-realm trust.

Feel free to complain about coding errors or similar stuff. :-)

bye
Chris

--
phone: +49 6898/10-4987
web  : www.saarstahl.de

Attachment

Re: GSS authentication support

From
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, JUNG, Christian wrote:

> I've implemented GSS authentication support for the PostgreSQL JDBC
> driver version 8.3-604.

I haven't looked at the patch in detail, but GSS support was added to the
just released 8.4 driver.  That support was based upon JAAS which is an
additional configuration pain, but your approach of importing
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule isn't portable.

There's some limited documentation here on the current code:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2008-01/msg00154.php
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/84/connect.html#connection-parameters

Does it work for your needs?  Do you know any way to auto-configure this
without importing Sun specific code?  Regardless of any code changes your
documentation updates certainly seem like a welcome addition.

Kris Jurka

Date:
On Thursday, 02 Jul 2009, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Does it work for your needs?

Yes it works on Linux and Windows.

> Do you know any way to auto-configure this without importing
> Sun specific code?

Currently no. But I'll investigate a bit more...

bye
Chris