Question of Encryption and ECCN number

From
"Osamu Tachiyama"
Date:
Dear pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org

We would like to know whether the following software classified as EAR99
and is not use encryption.
If following software use encryption, could you please inform ECCN number
and what type encryption used to us.

PostgreSQL JDBC Driver Version:8.2.506
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/

Thanks and Best Regards
Osamu Tachiyama

Re: Question of Encryption and ECCN number

From
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Osamu Tachiyama wrote:

> Dear pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
>
> We would like to know whether the following software classified as EAR99
> and is not use encryption.
> If following software use encryption, could you please inform ECCN number
> and what type encryption used to us.

The JDBC driver itself does not contain any encryption code and is not
export controlled.  It utilizes the SSL and Kerberos encryption provided
by the JVM.

Kris Jurka