Need help installing/setting up JDBC on Solaris 10

From
kooifei
Date:
Hi,

This is what I have done:
1) Installed Postgresql-8.3.5 -- this is functional
2) Downloaded and copied postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar to my /home/sadm
directory
3) Downloaded JDK1.5.0_17 and copied the jdk folder to my /home/sadm
directory
4) Set environment variables
export JAVA_HOME=/home/sadm/jdk1.5.0_17
export CLASSPATH=/home/sadm/postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar
5) Set configuration:
home/sadm/postgresql-8.3.5$> --with-includes=/opt/sfw/include/
--with-libraries=/opt/sfw/lib/ --with-java
LDFLAGS="-R /opt/sfw/lib"

The configuration ends without error but I get this warning message:
WARNING: option ignored: --with-java

Why can't postgresql detect my jdbc driver?

Please help! Thanks a lot!

Re: Need help installing/setting up JDBC on Solaris 10

From
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, kooifei wrote:

> home/sadm/postgresql-8.3.5$> --with-includes=/opt/sfw/include/
> --with-libraries=/opt/sfw/lib/ --with-java
> LDFLAGS="-R /opt/sfw/lib"
>
> The configuration ends without error but I get this warning message:
> WARNING: option ignored: --with-java

--with-java was a configuration option used to indicate that you wanted to
build the JDBC driver when it used to be bundled with the server source
code (7.4 and prior).  All recent JDBC releases are independent from the
server.  You don't need to build the server with any specific JDBC
support, the JDBC driver is purely a client interface.

Kris Jurka