getHost()

From
Andrew Lazarus
Date:
Is there a particular reason that there is no

  getHost()

delegated from AbstractJDBC*Connection to the
ProtocolConnection? I have been unable to find a way to get the
hostname.
Attachment

Re: getHost()

From
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Andrew Lazarus wrote:

> Is there a particular reason that there is no
>
>  getHost()
>
> delegated from AbstractJDBC*Connection to the
> ProtocolConnection? I have been unable to find a way to get the
> hostname.

I'm not sure why you would need it.  The AbstractJdbcNConnection
interfaces are not meant to be publicly exposed.  In theory you shouldn't
be using anything that is defined outside of the
org.postgresql.PGConnection interface.

Kris Jurka

Re: getHost()

From
Andrew Lazarus

>> Is there a particular reason that there is no
>>
>>  getHost()
>>
>> delegated from AbstractJDBC*Connection to the
>> ProtocolConnection? I have been unable to find a way to get the
>> hostname.

KJ> I'm not sure why you would need it. [....]

I wanted to instantiate a JPA/TopLink EntityManager with the same
host/database as an existing JDBC Connection. If not, then two
different objects have to search properties for the parameters.

Re: getHost()

From
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Andrew Lazarus wrote:

> I wanted to instantiate a JPA/TopLink EntityManager with the same
> host/database as an existing JDBC Connection. If not, then two
> different objects have to search properties for the parameters.

Seems like you would also need to know the port number and the password as
well.  I doubt it's a good idea to be exposing the password, so I'm still
not convinced there's a real good use for this.

Kris Jurka