DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo()

From
"Gopalakrishnan, Mythili"
Date:
Hi

I am using the latest version of your jdbc driver (postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar)  The driver returns incorrect value for UNSIGNEDA_ATTRIBUTE for all numeric data types like int2, in4, int8, float etc when calling getTypeInfo on DatabaseMetaData. Are you aware of this problem? If so could you please tell me how do I raise a bug?

Thanks,
-Mythili

Re: DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo()

From
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Gopalakrishnan, Mythili wrote:

> I am using the latest version of your jdbc driver
> (postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar)  The driver returns incorrect value for
> UNSIGNEDA_ATTRIBUTE for all numeric data types like int2, in4, int8,
> float etc when calling getTypeInfo on DatabaseMetaData. Are you aware of
> this problem? If so could you please tell me how do I raise a bug?

We weren't aware, thanks for the report.  Fixed in CVS for 8.2, 8.3, and
8.4devel.

Kris Jurka

Re: DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo()

From
"Gopalakrishnan, Mythili"
Date:
Thanks a lot for fixing this so fast. Would you please let me know when
we can expect to have a new jar publicly available for download with
this fix?

Thanks,
-Mythili