Compiling on JDK 6

From
Frank Spies
Date:
Hi all,

i tried to compile the jdbc driver on jdk 6. That did not work, several
methods are not implemented. Is there a roadmap when this will be
implemented? It was quite easy to make the code compile, by just
throwing exceptions from all unimplemented methods. Shouldn't we do that
to at least have the possibility to compile under jdk 6?

Thanks, Frank

Re: Compiling on JDK 6

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Frank,

You have the latest code from CVS ?

AFAIK, Kris updated it to compile on jdk6

Dave
On 24-Jan-07, at 7:19 AM, Frank Spies wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i tried to compile the jdbc driver on jdk 6. That did not work,
> several
> methods are not implemented. Is there a roadmap when this will be
> implemented? It was quite easy to make the code compile, by just
> throwing exceptions from all unimplemented methods. Shouldn't we do
> that
> to at least have the possibility to compile under jdk 6?
>
> Thanks, Frank
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

Re: Compiling on JDK 6

From
Frank Spies
Date:
OK, my bad. I have the latest code, but misconfigured ant (JAVA_HOME
pointing to JDK 5, but only JDK on classpath). Working fine now :)

Is there anyone working on implementing the JDK 6 stuff? I am new here,
and I dont want to interfere if someone is working on that stuff
already, but if noone does I could start doing some work.

Am Mittwoch, den 24.01.2007, 07:51 -0500 schrieb Dave Cramer:
> Frank,
>
> You have the latest code from CVS ?
>
> AFAIK, Kris updated it to compile on jdk6
>
> Dave
> On 24-Jan-07, at 7:19 AM, Frank Spies wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i tried to compile the jdbc driver on jdk 6. That did not work,
> > several
> > methods are not implemented. Is there a roadmap when this will be
> > implemented? It was quite easy to make the code compile, by just
> > throwing exceptions from all unimplemented methods. Shouldn't we do
> > that
> > to at least have the possibility to compile under jdk 6?
> >
> > Thanks, Frank

Re: Compiling on JDK 6

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Frank,
On 24-Jan-07, at 8:43 AM, Frank Spies wrote:

> OK, my bad. I have the latest code, but misconfigured ant (JAVA_HOME
> pointing to JDK 5, but only JDK on classpath). Working fine now :)
>
> Is there anyone working on implementing the JDK 6 stuff? I am new
> here,
> and I dont want to interfere if someone is working on that stuff
> already, but if noone does I could start doing some work.

Your patches would be welcomed.

Dave