Hi all,

  Recently I updated my driver and SQL request containing $$ quoting
stored procedure stop working.  I get the following error from the DB:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unterminated dollar-quoted
string at or near "$$

I search the archive and found a reply from Tom saying that it's
probably a bug.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-08/msg00094.php

Then I went on the web site in the bug list and haven't found something
on this bug.  I just want to know if this bug have been fixed in the 8.2
driver.  If yes I will wait the next release and just update my driver.
If no, do you have any idea if that will be fixed soon?  If it's not
plan to be fixed  I will have to evaluate the fesability of removing all
$$ escaping .. what I hope I don't have to do!

Thanks for your help
Best Regards
/David

Re: JDBC driver and stored proc dollars quoting bugged in

From
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, David Gagnon wrote:

> Recently I updated my driver and SQL request containing $$ quoting stored
> procedure stop working.  I get the following error from the DB:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unterminated dollar-quoted string
> at or near "$$
>
> I search the archive and found a reply from Tom saying that it's probably a
> bug. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-08/msg00094.php
>
> Then I went on the web site in the bug list and haven't found something on
> this bug.  I just want to know if this bug have been fixed in the 8.2 driver.

Yes, thanks to Michael Paesold this has been fixed in the upcoming 8.2
driver, but it has not made it to any of the -dev jars yet.

Kris Jurka