multidimensinal array

From
"Laura Wang"
Date:
I'm implementing a java application that needs to query some 2D arrays
stored in a table. The 2D arrays can be of different lengths for different
records, but there're no null values.  I tried using the getArray method
provided by the ResultSet class, but I got a message saying that
multidimensional array is not supported. If that's the case, does the
current jdbc driver provide any other way to handle the multidimensional
arrays?
Any pointers with regard to this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Laura

Re: multidimensinal array

From
Markus Schaber
Date:
Hi, Laura,

Laura Wang wrote:
> I'm implementing a java application that needs to query some 2D arrays
> stored in a table. The 2D arrays can be of different lengths for
> different records, but there're no null values.  I tried using the
> getArray method provided by the ResultSet class, but I got a message
> saying that multidimensional array is not supported. If that's the case,
> does the current jdbc driver provide any other way to handle the
> multidimensional arrays?
> Any pointers with regard to this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

As a workaround, you could fetch the text representation as string, and
parse it yourself.

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org