ResultSet.getDate throws too long

From
Konstantinos Agouros
Date:
Hi,

I am using the 74 driver on a 8.0.3 Database. Using getDate on a
resultSet I get an error claiming, that it is too long. I sent
a set pgdatestyle='German' before retreiving the data. Is this a
known bug?

Regards,

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Re: ResultSet.getDate throws too long

From
Oliver Jowett
Date:
Konstantinos Agouros wrote:

> I am using the 74 driver on a 8.0.3 Database.

This is not a supported configuration to begin with. Use an 8.0 or later
driver to talk to an 8.0 database.

> Using getDate on a
> resultSet I get an error claiming, that it is too long. I sent
> a set pgdatestyle='German' before retreiving the data.

.. and changing the datestyle is sure to confuse the driver, too. Don't
do that.

-O