log_min_duration_statement doesn't work

From
Alvin Hung
Date:
Hi,

Currently, 8.0.2 / JDBC 8.0-310, log_min_duration_statement does not
work with JDBC.  Nothing will get logged.  This makes it very
difficult to tune a java application.  Can you tell me when will this
be fixed?  Thanks.

Re: log_min_duration_statement doesn't work

From
Oliver Jowett
Date:
Alvin Hung wrote:

> Currently, 8.0.2 / JDBC 8.0-310, log_min_duration_statement does not
> work with JDBC.  Nothing will get logged.  This makes it very
> difficult to tune a java application.  Can you tell me when will this
> be fixed?  Thanks.

This is a server limitation: it does not handle logging of the V3
extended query protocol very well. There's gradual progress being made
on it; you might want to search the pgsql-hackers and pgsql-patches
archives for details.

-O