Out parameter support in PostgreSQL

From
"Mohammad Altaf"

 Can anybody tell me if the JDBC Driver for postgreSQL 8.0 rc1 has the support for passing arrays as in/out parameters to the procedures or not???? Or if the postgreSQL supports passing arrays as in/out parameters or not. If anybody can give me the example, I’ll be thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Altaf Malik

Re: Out parameter support in PostgreSQL

From
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Mohammad Altaf wrote:

>  Can anybody tell me if the JDBC Driver for postgreSQL 8.0 rc1 has the
> support for passing arrays as in/out parameters to the procedures or
> not???? Or if the postgreSQL supports passing arrays as in/out
> parameters or not. If anybody can give me the example, I'll be thankful.

The JDBC driver supports java.sql.Array to pass function parameters and
receive the results.  It does require a specific Array implementation and
is subject to the normal function limitation of not supporting output
parameters.

Kris Jurka