Database connection problem through JDBC driver

From
debashis dutta
Date:
Hello
in our web site developement project we r using the
followings as development environment

1. JDK 1.3.1_02
2. Tomcat 4.1.29
3. Struts 1.1(frame work)
4. Postgresql 7.4 & pg74.213.jdbc3.jar as JDBC driver
5. Red Hat linux 8 as OS

we have faced a unique problem. in the above JDK
version JDBC driver was not working properly, its not
able to connect to database. If we use JDK 1.4.2 then
the above driver working properly but in this case
STRUTS (mainly iterate tag) was not responsing
properly.

i shall be obliged if u give some guidence regarding
the above problem.

Thanks & Regards

Debashis Dutta

=====
|-----------------------|
| Debashis Dutta      |
| IT Manager (SI)     |
| CMC Ltd - Calcutta |
|-----------------------|

Re: Database connection problem through JDBC driver

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Can you give us more information. What errors are you seeing, the driver
shouldn't be that picky about which jdk (within reason) you use.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336

Re: Database connection problem through JDBC driver

From
Barry Lind
Date:
If you want to use JDK1.3 you need the jdbc2 version of the driver.

jdbc1 => jdk1.1
jdbc2 => jdk1.2,jdk1.3
jdbc3 => jdk1.4

--Barry

debashis dutta wrote:
> Hello
> in our web site developement project we r using the
> followings as development environment
>
> 1. JDK 1.3.1_02
> 2. Tomcat 4.1.29
> 3. Struts 1.1(frame work)
> 4. Postgresql 7.4 & pg74.213.jdbc3.jar as JDBC driver
> 5. Red Hat linux 8 as OS
>
> we have faced a unique problem. in the above JDK
> version JDBC driver was not working properly, its not
> able to connect to database. If we use JDK 1.4.2 then
> the above driver working properly but in this case
> STRUTS (mainly iterate tag) was not responsing
> properly.
>
> i shall be obliged if u give some guidence regarding
> the above problem.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Debashis Dutta
>

> =====
> |-----------------------|
> | Debashis Dutta      |
> | IT Manager (SI)     |
> | CMC Ltd - Calcutta |
> |-----------------------|

Re: Database connection problem through JDBC driver

From
Kris Jurka

On Sat, 1 May 2004, debashis dutta wrote:

> Hello
> in our web site developement project we r using the
> followings as development environment
>
> 1. JDK 1.3.1_02
> 4. Postgresql 7.4 & pg74.213.jdbc3.jar as JDBC driver

You have selected a mismatched jvm and jar file.  JDBC 3 requires the 1.4
jvm, for the 1.3 jvm you should use the jdbc 2 jar file.

For your issue with the jdbc 3 driver not working correctly with the 1.4
jvm you have not provided enough information to receive help.  What is the
expected behavior and what are you seeing?  What does the iterate tag do,
and how does that relate to an actual jdbc call?

Kris Jurka