Can I store Ms-Word document in a table.

From
Nilesh Ghone
Date:
I want to store ms-word documents (size may be up to 50 KB) in my
postgreSQL database. Can I?
If possible which datatype I have to use for it? Pls. assist I am a novice
user for postgreSQL.

Hope for assistence.

Regards,
Nilesh

Re: Can I store Ms-Word document in a table.

From
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Nilesh Ghone wrote:

> I want to store ms-word documents (size may be up to 50 KB) in my
> postgreSQL database. Can I?
> If possible which datatype I have to use for it? Pls. assist I am a novice
> user for postgreSQL.

The easiest way to do this is to use the bytea data type and the
PreparedStatement.setBytes() and ResultSet.getBytes() to store and
retrieve the documents.

Kris Jurka