SQL injection bug for null-terminated strings?

From
joe user
Date:
From looking at some logs, it looks like there might
be an SQL injection bug with null-terminated strings.
Is this a known problem?  If it is not, I will try to
write a test program to trigger it.

Thanks for any info.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: SQL injection bug for null-terminated strings?

From
Kris Jurka

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, joe user wrote:

> >From looking at some logs, it looks like there might
> be an SQL injection bug with null-terminated strings.
> Is this a known problem?  If it is not, I will try to
> write a test program to trigger it.

This has been fixed in the development version of the driver.

See the following, check revision 1.29

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/AbstractJdbc1Statement.java

Kris Jurka

Re: SQL injection bug for null-terminated strings?

From
Barry Lind
Date:
Also patched into the latest 7.3 build.