Callable statements

From
Juan F Diaz
Date:
Hi, could anyone tell me about the callable statements and how they
work on postgres? im migrating a db from sql server 2000 to postgres
and in some programs this type of statements is used for executing
stored procedures (but in postgres there are none right? there are
functions...)
Help here, i'm confused...

thanks

JuanF

Re: Callable statements

From
"Scot P. Floess"
Juan:

The functions are stored procedures.  So, you use CallableStatement to call the postgres functions...

Scot

-------Original Message-------
From: Juan F Diaz <j-diaz@publicar.com>
Sent: 08/21/03 11:06 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Callable statements

> Hi, could anyone tell me about the callable statements and how they
work on postgres? im migrating a db from sql server 2000 to postgres
and in some programs this type of statements is used for executing
stored procedures (but in postgres there are none right? there are
functions...)
Help here, i'm confused...

thanks

JuanF

Re: Callable statements

From
Barry Lind
Date:
Juan,

There are now examples of using callable statements in the postgresql
jdbc documentation.  Check out:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/jdbc.html

thanks,
--Barry

Juan F Diaz wrote:
> Hi, could anyone tell me about the callable statements and how they work
> on postgres? im migrating a db from sql server 2000 to postgres and in
> some programs this type of statements is used for executing stored
> procedures (but in postgres there are none right? there are functions...)
> Help here, i'm confused...
>
> thanks
>
> JuanF

Re: Callable statements

From
Nic
Date:
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:

> Juan,
>
> There are now examples of using callable statements in the postgresql
> jdbc documentation.  Check out:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/jdbc.html

I wrote an article for onjava about this:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/08/13/stored_procedures.html?page=1

Nic