connection pooling -Help needed.

From
Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy
Date:
Dear Group!
        We are using Postgres 7.3.1 and pg73jdbc3.jar as the jdbc driver.
We use java swing to do the front end.  We would like to use Connection
pooling.  Can you point me to any documentation on how this could be
done.  Thanks in advance,

Shan.

Re: connection pooling -Help needed.

From
Adam Sherman
Date:
On 03/24/03 12:40:18 +0530 Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy wrote:

>         We are using Postgres 7.3.1 and pg73jdbc3.jar as the jdbc driver.
> We use java swing to do the front end.  We would like to use Connection
> pooling.  Can you point me to any documentation on how this could be
> done.  Thanks in advance,

Are you saying that you have Swing client applications connecting directly
to PostgreSQL?

A.

--
Adam Sherman
Tritus CG Inc.

Re: connection pooling -Help needed.

From
Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy
Date:
Hello Adam Sherman!
            Yes we are using Swing based application to connect directly to
the DB using JDBC.  Any idea on how to setup up a connection pooling?

Regards,

Date:
On 03/25/03 11:26:57 +0530 Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy wrote:

> Yes we are using Swing based application to connect directly to
> the DB using JDBC.  Any idea on how to setup up a connection pooling?

You will need to convert your application to use some form of middlewhere.

A connection pool only helps if you code that needs multiple connections to
the database. As you apps connect directly, each one needs it's own
connection and can't use a pool.

Hope this helps,

A.

--