Problem with setNull()

From
"Robert M. Zigweid"
Date:
I consider this to be a reasonably major bug.  Fortunatly this should be
quite easy to fix as well.

AbstractJdbc1Statement ignores the SQL type, which is fine, but when
actually giving the information to the database, rather than passinga
NULL it's passing ''.

In particular this doesn't work with the bigint type and an error
occurs.

What is worse, is that no exception is thrown when this occurs.  I have
yet to track this particular problem down.

Regards,

Robert M. Zigweid

Re: Problem with setNull()

From
Barry Lind
Date:
Robert,

There isn't enough information here to debug this.  Could you provide a
test case that demonstrates the problem?  Also information on what
versions of the database/driver you are using would be helpful as well.

thanks,
--Barry

Robert M. Zigweid wrote:
> I consider this to be a reasonably major bug.  Fortunatly this should be
> quite easy to fix as well.
>
> AbstractJdbc1Statement ignores the SQL type, which is fine, but when
> actually giving the information to the database, rather than passinga
> NULL it's passing ''.
>
> In particular this doesn't work with the bigint type and an error
> occurs.
>
> What is worse, is that no exception is thrown when this occurs.  I have
> yet to track this particular problem down.
>
> Regards,
>

> Robert M. Zigweid

Re: Problem with setNull()

From
"Robert M. Zigweid"
Date:
My apologies.  The information that I was using was flawed.  P6spy
incorrectly reported (or modified) what was sent and nulls werre
actually sent.  I'm still investigating why the error exception was not
thrown however.

I will investigate and report on this further when I have adequate time.