help with DBvisualiser install for postgresql jdbc

From
bvol
Date:
Greetings,

I am having some difficulty in installing DBvisualizer.  DBvisializer is a
database admin  GUI  that can talk to postgresql through jdbc.  I have set
te JAVA_HOME but  the installation complains that the the path to the JVM
cannot be found.  If anyone has played with DBvisualizer  on postgresqll jdbc
and could offer some help it would be much appreciated.

regards
bvol

Re: help with DBvisualiser install for postgresql jdbc

From
Aaron Mulder
Date:
    If you're having trouble installing DBVisualizer, you're asking
for help on the wrong forum.  Once you have DBVisualizer installed and
running successfully, if you're getting errors connecting to a PostgreSQL
database, we'll be able to help you with that.
    But to throw you a bone, DBVis prompts you to select a JRE during
the installation process...  So if it doesn't work now, try reinstalling
it and selecting a valid JDK during the installation process.

Aaron

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, bvol wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am having some difficulty in installing DBvisualizer.  DBvisializer is a
> database admin  GUI  that can talk to postgresql through jdbc.  I have set
> te JAVA_HOME but  the installation complains that the the path to the JVM
> cannot be found.  If anyone has played with DBvisualizer  on postgresqll jdbc
> and could offer some help it would be much appreciated.
>

> regards
> bvol

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: help with DBvisualiser install for postgresql jdbc

From
Laszlo Hornyak
Date:
Simple. Use sqiurrel sql instead :)
It is very similar. I had the same failure on windows with DBvisualizer just in the moment.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/

Laszlo Hornyak