PostgreSQL and Tomcat?

From
"Chris Parsons"
Date:
I have been successfully running Java code against a PostgrSQL server
running under CygWin, on a W2K
PC, and am wondering if it is possible to run Servlets the same way?

I have some test code that keeps failing when connecting to the server - the
message I am getting is
Error: JDBC Class creation: null

Truthfully I am not sure where to put the pgjdbc2.jar file - I have tried

D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Lib
D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Common
D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Server\Lib
D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Server\Classes

or whether I need to tweak the Tomcat config to get it to load?

With normal Java code I put it in...

D:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\lib\ext

but can't find anything similar!

Any advice would be appreciated, I am pulling my hair out <g>

Keep up the good work

Chris Parsons

Re: PostgreSQL and Tomcat?

From
Nookala Satish Kumar
Date:
Hi Chris,

Put the pgjdbc2.jar in the following directory:

    D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Common\lib

That's it.

Regards,
Satish.

--- Chris Parsons <cparsons@spamcop.net> wrote:
> I have been successfully running Java code against a
> PostgrSQL server
> running under CygWin, on a W2K
> PC, and am wondering if it is possible to run
> Servlets the same way?
>
> I have some test code that keeps failing when
> connecting to the server - the
> message I am getting is
> Error: JDBC Class creation: null
>
> Truthfully I am not sure where to put the
> pgjdbc2.jar file - I have tried
>
> D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Lib
> D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Common
> D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Server\Lib
> D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\Server\Classes
>
> or whether I need to tweak the Tomcat config to get
> it to load?
>
> With normal Java code I put it in...
>
> D:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\lib\ext
>
> but can't find anything similar!
>
> Any advice would be appreciated, I am pulling my
> hair out <g>
>
> Keep up the good work
>
> Chris Parsons

http://health.yahoo.com

Re: PostgreSQL and Tomcat?

From
"Parsons, Chris"
Date:
Thank for all the advice folks!

You all agreed that the JAR file ought to go in TomCat's 'common\lib'
directory, which is encouraging,
so I have moved it, and restarted TomCat but still no joy!

I have also changed the code to use the ODBC driver to PostgreSQL and get
the same error - do I have
to do any configuration in TomCat to use PostgreSQL - for instance, set up a
'realm' or something??

Cheers

Chris Parsons

Re: PostgreSQL and Tomcat?