Ant build for JDBC driver

From
"Joe Shevland"
Date:
Hi,

I've just pulled down the current CVS source distro to compile the latest
JDBC driver. It doesn't look like Ant behaves quite as it should be
building the driver, in that ${major}, ${minor} and a few other Ant
parameters are not being set (./configure --with-java and gmake don't seem
to do it either). Because these parameters are not assigned values
anywhere, the resulting code from Driver.java.in can't compile.

If I set the parameters manually, it'll go through and build fine (I can
handle tweaking the command line params every time a version changes for
the mo):

ant -Dmajor=7 -Dminor=3 -Dfullversion=7.3 -Ddef_pgport=5432

Wasn't sure whether I was doing something wrong or if something had
broken. I've added an item here:

http://www.j-elite.com/jelite/main_products.jsp

Cheers,
Joe

Joe Shevland                           jshevland@j-elite.com
Tasmania, Australia                   http://www.j-elite.com

Member, Systems Administrators Guild of Australia.

Re: Ant build for JDBC driver

From
"Joe Shevland"
Date:
Sorry, forget my last post, I just tried the build process again from scratch (going through the full ./configure
--with-javaand gmake) and it went fine... not sure what I did before :(

Cheers,
Joe

Joe Shevland                           jshevland@j-elite.com
Tasmania, Australia                   http://www.j-elite.com

Member, Systems Administrators Guild of Australia.

Re: Ant build for JDBC driver

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Joe,

If you don't do an ant clean, then the Driver.java still exists and it
won't be rebuilt.

Dave