Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place

From
Barry Lind
Date:
The subject pretty much says it all.  I have updated the jdbc website to
contain more current information.  It certainly could contain more
information, but my primary goal was to get it current.  If you have any
suggestions, changes or additions please send them to the mail list.

thanks,
--Barry

Re: Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place ooops

From
"Dave Cramer"
Date:
Oops, I guess I should read the rest of the page, my apologies

DAve

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Barry Lind
Sent: October 1, 2001 2:46 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place

The subject pretty much says it all.  I have updated the jdbc website to

contain more current information.  It certainly could contain more
information, but my primary goal was to get it current.  If you have any

suggestions, changes or additions please send them to the mail list.

thanks,
--Barry

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place

From
"Dave Cramer"
Date:
Looks good! Great work,

One thing that isn't urgent but should be addressed in the future is now
that CLASSPATH is deprecated, we should add instructions for placing the
jar into the jre/lib/ext directory.

Dave

The subject pretty much says it all.  I have updated the jdbc website to

contain more current information.  It certainly could contain more
information, but my primary goal was to get it current.  If you have any

suggestions, changes or additions please send them to the mail list.

thanks,
--Barry

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place

From
Rene Pijlman
Date:
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:10:04 -0400, you wrote:
>now that CLASSPATH is deprecated

Que? Did I miss something?

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>

Date:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:46:27 -0700, you wrote:
>The subject pretty much says it all.  I have updated the jdbc website to
>contain more current information.  It certainly could contain more
>information, but my primary goal was to get it current.  If you have any
>suggestions, changes or additions please send them to the mail list.

Good work, thanks!

Some suggestions for improvement...

- "relating to the JDBC driver" -> "relating to the JDBC driver
for <a href="http://www.postgresql.org/">PostgreSQL</a>"

- "download pre-compiled jar files" -> "download the
pre-compiled driver in a jar file"

- "you should send email to pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org": perhaps
this needs an explanation for newbies that this is a volunteer
mailing list, rather than a support department. For one thing, I
guess someone who posts to the list is expected to join it first
so she will see all followups.

- I suggest to change the title of the FAQ simply to
"Documentation". It really contains the basic information one
needs to use the driver, rather than questions asked about it.

- I find http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html very
confusing. It would get much better if the latest stable and
recommended driver was more clearly presented at the top, and
the development and archived versions in a lookup structure
below.

- On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html I suggest to link
"Check the main site for details of obtaining the PostgreSQL
source" to http://developer.postgresql.org/

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>

Re: Updated jdbc.postgresql.org website now in place

From
"Dave Cramer"
Date:
Apparently it is, I read a post on the tomcat list that talked about it
being deprecated. It really is a better idea.

Dave